New law in Pennsylvania brings big changes for TEEN DRIVERS!!
There are few events in a teenagers life that are more important than getting their drivers' license!
Starting today, Pennsylvania is joining other states including New Jersey in putting limitations on new drivers under 18-years-old.
The law states that for six months new drivers under 18 are limited to one non-family passenger in the car unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
After the six month period, the junior driver may transport up to three people.
The law also says drivers under the age of 18 must wear a seatbelt and can be stopped if they do not.
Another addition requires 10 hours of night driving and five hours of training to drive in bad weather.
The law's sponsor State Representative Katherine Watson says the law is not designed to make life miserable for junior drivers, just safer.
Experts say studies show that teen drivers tend to be in more danger.
"In our own studies by AAA, we have found that within the first month of driving, teen drivers are at a 50 percent higher risk of crashes," said Jenny Robinson of AAA Mid-Atlantic.
Tips for Teenagers
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Obey the speed limit. Going too fast gives you less time to react.
- Use your turn signals so other drivers know what you are doing.
- Don’t drink and drive. Drinking under the age of 21 is illegal.
- Focus on the driving task—the road and the conditions around you.
- Don’t use your cell phone while driving. This is a distraction that will take your attention away from driving.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving. These are also distractions.
- Plan ahead. Know where you are going and get directions.
- Leave early. Give yourself plenty of time to get there.
Joy Daniels, GRI, ABR, CSP, e-PRO
JOY DANIELS REAL ESTATE GROUP, LTD
2793 Old Post Road, Suite 200
Harrisburg, PA 17110
(717) 695-3177 office - Call TODAY and let me help you find your dream home!
Joy@JoyDaniels.com - Email TODAY and let me help you find your dream home!
What is your home worth? Find out at MLS Market Snapshot