These are great tips that we should give our sellers when they have any home staging questions. Especially if we have suggested they contact "our" stager. Thank you Kathy for sharing a home stagers wisdom!
Home Staging Tips in Palm Beach County- 4 Things To Do BEFORE Your Home Staging Consultation. (and 4 Bonus “Don’ts)
Congratulations, you are taking the right steps you need to take to help get your home sold. Investing in a Home staging consultation will give you the tools and information you need to prepare your home for sale.
To help you make the best use of your time with your professional home stager, here are 4 things YOU can do before your Home Stager arrives:
1. Step outside the front door of your home.. take a few Yoga breaths... then open the door and step back in. Only now.. tell yourself that this is a house that you are soon going to market. From this point on you want to look at your house as something you are marketing for sale.
2. Remove all distractions... if you have young children at home that will need your attention, enlist a relative or your babysitter for the few hours that the stager is with you.
The same can be said for your pets. It’s hard to concentrate when your dog is demanding your attention.
3. Allow for time. Most staging consultations can take about 2 hours, sometimes more depending upon the size and condition of your house. Neither one of us wants to feel rushed.
4. We don’t need you to pack everything up before we come but help us see what we have to work with. Laundry that needs folding, dishes in the sink, personal papers on your desk and counter tops will only take up your consultation time as we try to see what’s under everything.
And now.... 4 Things NOT to DO
5. Put the Paint Brush DOWN! You’re hiring a Stager to give you their expertise on how you can best prepare your home. Painting everything white or painting the exterior of your house a fresh bright blue color will only add to your expense when we suggest you repaint.
6. Just for now... put the staging and design cable shows you’ve been watching on the back burner. These shows have been helpful in educating the public on the need to prepare your house to sell; but the reality show is in your home not on television.
7. DON’T give everything away.... yet. Let us see what furniture and accessories you have and what we can use. Tell your children, neighbor or relatives they’ll have to wait until after the house sells for that piece they’ve been wanting for their home.
8. If you want support during the consultation for note taking or to lend another ear.. that’s ok but make sure they understand that you want to hear what the Home Stager has to say. Every time they open their mouth to tell me what they know from watching HGTV is costing you money.
Enjoy Your Home Staging Consultation!
Joy Daniels, GRI, ABR, CSP, e-PRO
JOY DANIELS REAL ESTATE GROUP, LTD
2793 Old Post Road, Suite 200
Harrisburg, PA 17110
(717) 695-3177 office - Call TODAY and let me help you find your dream home!
Joy@JoyDaniels.com - Email TODAY and let me help you find your dream home!
What is your home worth? Find out at MLS Market Snapshot