Planning to buy a home? Are you willing to walk a mile in the seller's shoes? Try it and you'll quickly become a more effective buyer. Ask yourself "If I were a seller, what would be important to me?"
1. Most sellers want to attract a "qualified" buyer, one capable of making the purchase.
2. The seller wants to receive the best price possible.
3. Sellers want a "clean" sale, contingency-free, that closes quickly, and presents no last minute surprises.
Once you've spent a few moments in the seller's shoes, consider how you can become a more attractive buyer, with extra leverage tosatisfy your own objectives. Being able to satisfy these top three Seller desires will assure you a winning contract on a home.
1. Obtain a firm mortgage commitment before you begin your home search. With loan approval in hand, sellers will take you very seriously.
2. Ask your Buyer Agent to show you only homes that are priced fairly, at market levels. Why position yourself as a capable, ready buyer, then waste time negotiating price with a seller who is unrealistic? And yes, Sellers can be unrealistic too!
3. Once you make a home choice, your purchase offer should be clean, clear and to the point. Back it up with a substantial earnest money deposit. This communicates your serious intention to close quickly, and the seller won't want to lose you.
For a most satisfying home purchase, be the best buyer in the market place. Show that you are willing to walk a mile in their shoes and you understand their needs. Sellers will love you for it, and go out of their way to sell you their home. Contract a Buyer's Agent (look for an agent with an ABR/Accredited Buyer Representative designation) and they will be able to assist and guide you through all of these steps.
Joy Daniels, GRI, ABR, CSP, e-PRO
JOY DANIELS REAL ESTATE GROUP, LTD
2793 Old Post Road, Suite 200
Harrisburg, PA 17110
(717) 695-3177 office - Call TODAY and let me help you find your dream home!
Joy@JoyDaniels.com - Email TODAY and let me help you find your dream home!
What is your home worth? Find out at MLS Market Snapshot