Bett Gottwald has share some great ideas for Spring Cleanup! Spring means warmer temperatures, longer days and spring cleanup! I am sure all of us can get some good ideas from this list. Enjoy!
Now is the perfect time to go the extra mile to assure your home is in tip-top shape for buyers when they come to view your home. Take advantage of this new season, where growth and flower blossoms will soon arrive, to de-clutter and disinfect your home, especially if it’s going up for sale. Spring cleaning is the perfect chance to spruce up your home in order to increase its resale value.
In addition to the top to bottom spring cleaning projects, some overlooked tasks are:
• Inspect window screens for tears and bent frames, clean with a mild soap and soft bristle brush and allow to dry thoroughly before installing.
• Clean baseboards and crown molding. Dust them first, then wipe them clean with a cleaning agent and rag. Touch up any nicks or scratches with fresh paint.
• Cleaning the carpets is another way to bring a fresh feel to your home. Rent a carpet steamer or call in a professional.
• Get out into the garden. Clean up leftover leaves and debris, turn the soil allowing it to breathe, and get prepared for planting.
• Check garden hoses for leaks; repair or replace damaged hoses. Do not leave hoses connected to an outdoor spigot until the danger of frost is completely over!
• Pre-plant your herbs. Start them in smaller, indoor pots and transplant to larger outdoor pots or beds when the time is right.
• Inspect outdoor structures for deterioration – especially signs of rot. Check fences, railings, window sills. Plan to repair or replace any damage you discover once the weather turns fair.
• Prepare for the outdoor cooking season. Inspect your grill; replace any worn or damaged parts. Remove and clean cooking grates with soapy water and a brass bristle brush. Remove grease from lava rocks or briquettes by turning them over, igniting the burners, and allowing the heat to “clean” them for 10 minutes. Check propane levels to ensure your grill is ready when you are!
• For a nice seasonal change…change over cushions, sheets, and throws to lighter or brighter colors. Pick colors that will compliment what is already there.
• Inspect the washing machine. Turn off the water, remove the supply hoses and examine them and the washers. Replace worn or damaged parts.
Spring is a great time to get out into the fresh air and to let the fresh air in. Tackle these items early in this month so you can get out, get active, and make the most of the warm weather before it is gone again!
Bette Brennan Gottwald, Realtor®, e-Proâ, RECS, CSP,
Accredited Staging Professional (ASP™) - RS193539L and
Joe Gottwald, Ph.D., Associate Broker – AB060350L
State Certified Broker/Appraiser – BA001935L
3435 Market Street
Camp Hill, PA 17011
717.503.5515 Cell | 717.583.HOME Office
717.458.8054 Voice Mail/Home Office
“Bet” you will be 100% satisfied with our real estate services!
Joy Daniels, GRI, ABR, CSP, e-PRO
JOY DANIELS REAL ESTATE GROUP, LTD
2793 Old Post Road, Suite 200
Harrisburg, PA 17110
(717) 695-3177 office - Call TODAY and let me help you find your dream home!
Joy@JoyDaniels.com - Email TODAY and let me help you find your dream home!
What is your home worth? Find out at MLS Market Snapshot